POSTED ON March 30, 2020 8:11 pm
BY christian capellan">christian capellan
With the recent escalation of COVID-19 across the country, Learning Lab is now offering new learning solutions for students while we all practice social distancing in South Florida. We encourage parents to contact us with any questions about the changes to our services or if any additional support is needed.
Beginning the week of March 30, 2020, our new services are as follows:
- Virtual one-on-one intervention. Remote individual sessions will assist students with tutoring in reading, writing, math, reading comprehension, and vocabulary/language development.
- Distance learning support. One-on-one sessions to support distance learning, virtual classes, and the general maintenance of academic momentum. The Learning Lab will provide:
- Daily structure & accountability
- Coaching for time management, organization, prioritization, study skills, and task initiation
- Academic support for ALL subjects
- In-person one-on-one intervention. In-person individual sessions will be available for tutoring in reading, writing, math, and vocabulary/language development.
- Access to academic software. Data within this software will be monitored remotely. This offering includes biweekly Zoom session check-ins and will support the following areas:
- reading foundational skills
- reading comprehension
- language & literacy
- cognitive training
- Weekly Calendar. We will create a weekly schedule and calendar for each student to maintain structure and support as they continue to learn executive function skills.
- Homeschool support. Comprehensive homeschooling support is another new program and includes the academic software programs, interventions, and distance learning support to keep students engaged and developing skills and knowledge while at home. While this program was designed for students with a personalized learning plan to get students on grade level, this program can be used as an all-encompassing tool for distance learning during COVID-19 closures.
Take our survey and tell us what services you’re interested in.